Apples FLU CLINICS
Published: 04 September 2020
THE APPLES MEDICAL CENTRE - FLU CLINICS 2020
Due to COVID-19 the practice will provide the Flu vaccinations for this year differently, due to the strict social distancing rules, we have put in place a roburst and controlled process to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff. Patients over 65 years and patients with chronic health issues ie Asthma, Diabetes, including the Sheilding patients will be contacted to invite them to one of the selected clinics, we will do our upmost to accommodate you, however due to the restrictions/delivery dates this may not always be possible, so please bear with us.
• Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time (we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained)
• Please attend on your own (unless you require assistance from a carer)
• Wear a face covering/mask, no personal belongings, clothing easily removed to expose your upper arm (have your arm exposed ready)
• If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
• There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the the member of staff/patient group member on your arrival
• When you enter the foyer you will have to queue one meter apart, only when one of the four clinicians is free you will be invited into the hall
• One way system around the hall
• Follow the signs for the exit (if require assistance with steps please inform the receptionist at the time of booking)
Friday 25th September 8.30am to 12.30pm
Friday 2nd October 8.30am to 12.30pm
Friday 9th October 8.30am to 12.30pm
Terraces, Drive Through;
• Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time
• Wear a face covering/mask, clothing easily removed to expose your upper arm (have your arm exposed ready)
• You will be given clear directions into the car park by one of the marshalls (visable in a high vis jacket) this will be a one way system, dividing into two lanes
• Cars must switch off engine in the vaccination station
• Follow the signs for the exit
Wednesday 23rd September 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Thursday 1st October 9.00am to 1.00pm
Thursday 15th October 9.00am to 1.00pm
Please do not attend your appointment if you or any members of your household have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been told to isolate, please inform the surgery. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
Catch up clinics in the surgery will be available after these clinics.
Flu vaccinations for 50yrs to 64yrs will be invited later in the season once the practice has been given the full guidance.
Please be patient whilst we contact you, this maybe via email/sms or a telephone call.
Stay Safe from everyone at The Apples Medical Centre