Sherborne Cemetery is peacefully situated in Lenthay Road. The old part of the cemetery extends to some 6.5 acres and the record books and maps go back almost 150 years to its consecration in 1856. Having reached full capacity in 2015, the cemetery was extended into the neighbouring field thereby providing residents of Sherborne with burial facilities for the years ahead. The extension has access onto Ridgeway Road. The old part of the cemetery is now closed to new burials but will continue to make use of existing family plots for interments. In the old part of the cemetery there is a Garden of Remembrance where permission may be sought to scatter ashes, and a section devoted exclusively to war graves.
Staff are able to search the records to identify relatives and grave spaces. In some cases a fee is charged for this service.
The Town Council will liaise with undertakers and relatives to provide a sympathetic and considerate service for the interment of bodies or cremated remains.